geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.1 Release
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 20:10:41 GMT
On Nov 1, 2007, at 1:00 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> I think it's time to start discussing the particulars of a 2.1
> release.
>
> There's been a lot of advancements made in our plugin
> infrastructure. There's also been the pluggable console
> enhancements. It would be good to get a release out, with these
> capabilities. They provide a more solid platform for future
> enhancements, I think.

There are a lot of improvements to the plugin infrastructure in
trunk.  We have been using these new features internally for a while
now which much success, so I agree it would be a great idea to get a
new release into the hands of the user community for further testing
and feedback.

> There's also GShell and new monitoring capabilities. I'm probably
> missing a few other new functions.

I hope that monitoring can make it into 2.1.  That stuff is really cool!

> Finally, IIUC, 2.1 would be able to support a Terracotta plugin.
> I'd also be very interested to hear what WADI capabilities that
> could be exposed.
>
> I'm willing to bang the release manager drum. I see that Joe has
> already started tugging on the TCK chain
>
> What do others think? How close are we to a 2.1 release? What
> additional capabilities and bug fixes are needed? Can we wrap up
> development activities in the next week or two?

I think you summed things up pretty well.  I'm still working on a few
bug fixes but I think those can be wrapped up soon.  Also I posted to
the TCK list earlier today about a JSF issue that will need to be
resolved.

Best wishes,
Paul