geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we deal generically with container specific jsr77 statistics?
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 16:20:48 GMT
While I think that technically Anita is correct this approach
produces some practical challenges.
If all the *StatsImpl classes for all components in the server are
gathered in g-management then how can the *StatsImpl classes be
upgraded, modified, or replaced without also replacing g-
management?   The g-management module would become a major source of
contention as various components fix and improve their management
interfaces (and we hope they do).   And since g-management is part of
the core framework I think replacing it would require recycling the
server (not verified).

Let's weigh this out against the overhead of maintaining separate
configs for each of the various assembly configurations, which is
certainly no trivial matter.

Best wishes,
Paul