geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [GShell] Plexus dependency in CommandLineBuilder
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 02:35:23 GMT
What do you need done here to use the RSH bits sans-Plexus?

Going forward I'm really wondering if I want to abstract the IoC bits
which Plexus provides or not.  Seems like if I do want that, then I
have to duplicate a lot of what it provides for me already.  I have
already duplicated some of the annotations and descriptor generation
bits to detach any plexus deps from the core command API, and well...
Im starting to regret it.

Going forward we will have <dependencies> for GShell plugin
descriptors which I had planned to continue and follow Maven 2.1 as an
example of how to make that work with Plexus.  The additional work and
code required to abstract that functionality into something Plexus-
agnostic is IMO not going to be worth it.  Perhaps later though once
the main features of GShell are implemented and tested using Plexus we
can work on abstracting the framework to allow for other IoC
containers to be used instead, but ATM I'm thinking its best to get
GShell working 100% with Plexus.

--jason