geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GShell 1.0-alpha-1 update
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:42:13 GMT

On Nov 29, 2007, at 3:18 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Folks, I've halted any significant changes to GShell so we can push
> out a stable release for Geronimo to consume in the next week or
> so.  Right now it is pending some dependency releases:
>
> * plexus-cdc-anno
> * plexus-component-annotations
> * maven-remote-resources-plugin
> * groovy-maven-plugin
> * cobertura-maven-plugin
>
> I've got the ball rolling on each of those and with a wee bit of
> luck and probably a healthy dose of pestering folks, we should get
> all of these resolved to facilitate the first *official* GShell
> release... yay!
>
> I'm hoping to get GShell 1.0-alpha-1 out in the next week or so,
> really as soon as the deps are published I will start the ball
> moving.  I could use a little help in the mean time for things like
> legal oversight and anything else I might have missed to help make
> the vote+release as smooth as possible,  So if you have a few
> minutes spare it would be nice if you could build the tree and poke
> around a bit er something.

Hi Jason,
I took a look at the GShell source. Things look good. Two files had
old-style src license headers. I'm updating those.

Remaining work, legal-wise, is getting license/notice files in your
jars (and updating notice/license file in the root directory). Let's
sync up later today. Can discuss the maven-remote-resources plugin and
see if we can get it working for GShell...

--kevan