geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Vamsavardhana Reddy" <c1vams...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving o.a.g.s.jaas.NamedUPCredentailLoginModule to o.a.g.s.realm.providers
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 07:11:27 GMT
David Jencks suggested that we move
org.apache.geronmio.security.jaas.NamedUPCredentailLoginModule to
org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers package.  I intend to do the
following.
1. svn copy org.apache.geronmio.security.jaas.NamedUPCredentailLoginModuleto
org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.NamedUPCredentailLoginModule
2. Make org.apache.geronmio.security.jaas.NamedUPCredentailLoginModuleextend
org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.NamedUPCredentailLoginModule.
3. Mark org.apache.geronmio.security.jaas.NamedUPCredentailLoginModule as
deprecated.
4. Change all references from
org.apache.geronmio.security.jaas.NamedUPCredentailLoginModule to
org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.NamedUPCredentailLoginModule

Does anyone see this coming in the way of compatibility?  I do not intend to
change the option name "
org.apache.geronimo.jaas.NamedUPCredentialLoginModule.Name" as this will
surely break compatibility.  Whether or not this move breaks compatibility,
should we consider this move only in trunk and not in branches\2.0.

++Vamsi