geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release J2G 1.0.0 RC1
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:52:32 GMT

On Nov 6, 2007, at 9:03 PM, Lin Sun wrote:

> The .project and .classpath files are used when the plugins are loaded
> in Eclipse IDE.    You are right they don't have ASL license headers
> but I don't see license headers associated with these files normally.
> The files in the geronimo eclipse plugin don't have ASL license
> headers either.   Also, these files are not in the assembly.

Are these files machine generated? Whether or not they end up in an
assembly doesn't really matter... They seem non-trivial to me and
should have a license header.

> I am not sure what we need to do with jboss here.   Of course we are
> using it since it is a migration tool from jboss to geronimo.  Any
> advice here?

I did a little research for this. It seems we must avoid implying that
JBoss is the source of this code. As long as the distribution name
(and executable name, I would think) don't use "JBoss" in the name
we're doing this. Internal file names should be fine. So, in my
opinion, we're ok here...

So, pending the license header and file permission questions, I'd say
this looks good.

--kevan