geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Netbeans plugin
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 07:33:58 GMT
On Nov 27, 2007 11:37 PM, togo <jaraiztegi@yahoo.es> wrote:

> To speed up my understanding of the repository I would like to know if
> you've got a small howto of the plugin with basical things like how to
> install and use it and so on.

Before I put it on a website (with screenshots), I'll write it here
for your comments and suggestions:

Here are the steps to run the plugin:

1. Check out the plugin's sources - they've got a directory structure
as netbeans created when I created the module (the plugin).

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/geronimo-netbeans-plugin

2. Open NetBeans IDE 6 (don't know whether the earlier versions work or not)

3. Ctrl+Shift+O to open the project. You should see NetBeans plugin
for Apache Geronimo node in the Projects window.

4. Once opened, right-click it and select Install/Reload in Target
Platform. It will run another NetBeans instance with the plugin
installed.

The plugin can create a new Geronimo server instance and start/stop
it. You can create a web application with Geronimo as a javaee5
application server, but if you start it it will not. That's what needs
to be done inthe first place. Once you get that developed I'm sure
you'll know what's next.

Ask when in doubt or need some additional information. I'm here to
help and get you up to speed with it. The more people work on it, the
sooner the plugin becomes ready to use. It took way too long to become
a viable competitor to the Eclipse plugin ;-)

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl