geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: No web.xml for web service still possible? What's its url?
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:32:17 GMT
On Nov 18, 2007 10:41 PM, Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jacek,
>
> The web services will be discovered and deployed if the web.xml does
> not exist. If it exists, the information in the web.xml files is used
> to deploy the web services. If the web.xml is essentially empty no web
> services will be deployed.

Yes, you are right now and were right before when I said 'negative'. I
was mistaken. Sorry.

That'd be great if there were a url mapping to map all web services at
once - something like /servlet/* where you can execute servlets
without having to declare them in web.xml. I think /webservices/* or
/services/* would be a nice addition. Possible? So, rather than

   <servlet>
       <servlet-name>Katalog</servlet-name>
       <servlet-class>
           pl.jaceklaskowski.katalog.webservice.KatalogWS
       </servlet-class>
   </servlet>
   <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>Katalog</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/katalog</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

I wish I could use
/services/pl.jaceklaskowski.katalog.webservice.KatalogWS and execute
the web service.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski