geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: No web.xml for web service still possible? What's its url?
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:25:42 GMT
On Nov 18, 2007 2:18 AM, Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com> wrote:

> You should see something like the following in the geronimo.log file:
>
> INFO: .. Configuring JAX-WS Web Service: <servletName> at <location>.
>
> <location> is the url you are looking for. By default the location is
> /<webAppContext/WebService.serviceName, so I think in your case it
> should be: /katalog/Katalog

Negative ;-)

jlaskowski@dev /cygdrive/c/geronimo
$ ./bin/deploy.sh -u system -p manager deploy "C:\Documents and
Settings\jlaskowski\My
Documents\NetBeansProjects\katalog\dist\katalog.war"
Using GERONIMO_BASE:   c:\geronimo
Using GERONIMO_HOME:   c:\geronimo
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: c:\geronimo\var\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        c:\apps\java5\jre
    Deployed pl.jaceklaskowski.katalog/katalog-webservice/1.0/war @
    /katalog

and at the console nothing's printed out. This is the last line at the
console, right after the webapp's deployed.

Geronimo startup complete

When I remove web.xml completely (it was empty previously not how I
described it, i.e. with <web-app /> in it), here's what I couldn't
undeploy it by issuing redeploy command, so I had to undeploy and
deploy it again:

jlaskowski@dev /cygdrive/c/geronimo
$ ./bin/deploy.sh -u system -p manager redeploy "C:\Documents and
Settings\jlaskowski\My
Documents\NetBeansProjects\katalog\dist\katalog.war"
Using GERONIMO_BASE:   c:\geronimo
Using GERONIMO_HOME:   c:\geronimo
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: c:\geronimo\var\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        c:\apps\java5\jre
    No ModuleID or TargetModuleID provided.  Attempting to guess based
    on the content of the archive.
    Unable to locate Geronimo deployment plan in archive.  Calculating
    default ModuleID from archive name.
    Attempting to use ModuleID 'default/katalog//'
    Error: default/katalog// does not appear to be a the name of a
    module available on the selected server. Perhaps it has already been
    stopped or undeployed?  If you're trying to specify a
    TargetModuleID, use the syntax TargetName|ModuleName instead. If
    you're not sure what's running, try the list-modules command.

jlaskowski@dev /cygdrive/c/geronimo
$ ./bin/deploy.sh -u system -p manager undeploy
pl.jaceklaskowski.katalog/katalog-webservice/1.0/war
Using GERONIMO_BASE:   c:\geronimo
Using GERONIMO_HOME:   c:\geronimo
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: c:\geronimo\var\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        c:\apps\java5\jre
    Module pl.jaceklaskowski.katalog/katalog-webservice/1.0/war
    unloaded.
    Module pl.jaceklaskowski.katalog/katalog-webservice/1.0/war
    uninstalled.

    Undeployed pl.jaceklaskowski.katalog/katalog-webservice/1.0/war

jlaskowski@dev /cygdrive/c/geronimo
$ rm -rf repository/pl/jaceklaskowski

jlaskowski@dev /cygdrive/c/geronimo
$ ./bin/deploy.sh -u system -p manager deploy "C:\Documents and
Settings\jlaskowski\My
Documents\NetBeansProjects\katalog\dist\katalog.war"
Using GERONIMO_BASE:   c:\geronimo
Using GERONIMO_HOME:   c:\geronimo
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: c:\geronimo\var\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        c:\apps\java5\jre
    Deployed pl.jaceklaskowski.katalog/katalog-webservice/1.0/war @
    /katalog

jlaskowski@dev /cygdrive/c/geronimo
$ jar -tf "C:\Documents and Settings\jlaskowski\My
Documents\NetBeansProjects\katalog\dist\katalog.war"
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
WEB-INF/
WEB-INF/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/pl/
WEB-INF/classes/pl/jaceklaskowski/
WEB-INF/classes/pl/jaceklaskowski/katalog/
WEB-INF/classes/pl/jaceklaskowski/katalog/webservice/
WEB-INF/wsdl/
WEB-INF/classes/pl/jaceklaskowski/katalog/webservice/KatalogWS.class
WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml
WEB-INF/sun-web.xml
WEB-INF/web.X.xml

and that's what's printed out on the console:

Geronimo startup complete
11:19:53,359 INFO  [DirectoryMonitor] Hot deployer notified that an
artifact was removed:
pl.jaceklaskowski.katalog/katalog-webservice/1.0/war
11:21:31,171 INFO  [JAXWSServiceBuilder] Configuring JAX-WS Web
Service: pl.jaceklaskowski.katalog.webservice.KatalogWS at
/katalog/Katalog
11:21:31,515 INFO  [BusApplicationContext] Refreshing
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContext@1c04b2a: display name
[org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContext@1c04b2a]; st
artup date [Sun Nov 18 11:21:31 CET 2007]; root of context hierarchy
11:21:31,609 INFO  [XmlBeanDefinitionReader] Loading XML bean
definitions from class path resource [META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml]
11:21:31,703 INFO  [XmlBeanDefinitionReader] Loading XML bean
definitions from class path resource
[META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-geronimo.xml]
11:21:31,750 INFO  [DefaultListableBeanFactory] Overriding bean
definition for bean 'org.apache.cxf.resource.ResourceManager':
replacing [Root bean: class [org.apache.cxf.bus.resource.R
esourceManagerImpl]; scope=singleton; abstract=false; lazyInit=false;
autowireCandidate=true; autowireMode=0; dependencyCheck=0;
factoryBeanName=null; factoryMethodName=null; initMethod
Name=null; destroyMethodName=null; defined in class path resource
[META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml]] with [Root bean: class
[org.apache.geronimo.cxf.ResourceManager]; scope=singleton;
abstract=fal
se; lazyInit=false; autowireCandidate=true; autowireMode=0;
dependencyCheck=0; factoryBeanName=null; factoryMethodName=null;
initMethodName=null; destroyMethodName=null; defined in clas
s path resource [META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-geronimo.xml]]
11:21:31,750 INFO  [XmlBeanDefinitionReader] Loading XML bean
definitions from class path resource
[META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml]
11:21:31,796 INFO  [XmlBeanDefinitionReader] Loading XML bean
definitions from class path resource
[META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-xml.xml]
11:21:31,843 INFO  [XmlBeanDefinitionReader] Loading XML bean
definitions from class path resource
[META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-http.xml]
11:21:31,875 INFO  [BusApplicationContext] Bean factory for
application context
[org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContext@1c04b2a]:
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Defa
ultListableBeanFactory@9de5b4
11:21:31,984 INFO  [BusApplicationContext] Bean
'org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.Jsr250BeanPostProcessor' is not eligible
for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not eli
gible for auto-proxying)
11:21:31,984 INFO  [BusApplicationContext] Bean
'org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusExtensionPostProcessor' is not eligible
for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not e
ligible for auto-proxying)
11:21:31,984 INFO  [DefaultListableBeanFactory] Pre-instantiating
singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@9de5b4:
defining beans [cxf,org.apac
he.cxf.bus.spring.Jsr250BeanPostProcessor,org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusExtensionPostProcessor,org.apache.cxf.resource.ResourceManager,org.apache.cxf.binding.BindingFactoryManager,org.ap
ache.cxf.transport.DestinationFactoryManager,org.apache.cxf.transport.ConduitInitiatorManager,org.apache.cxf.wsdl.WSDLManager,org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseManager,org.apache.cxf.workqueue.
WorkQueueManager,org.apache.cxf.buslifecycle.BusLifeCycleManager,org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerRegistry,org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerLifeCycleManager,org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientLife
CycleManager,org.apache.cxf.transports.http.QueryHandlerRegistry,org.apache.cxf.endpoint.EndpointResolverRegistry,org.apache.cxf.headers.HeaderManager,org.apache.cxf.catalog.OASISCatalo
gManager,org.apache.geronimo.cxf.GeronimoDestinationFactory,org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapBindingFactory,org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapTransportFactory,org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.c
ustomEditorConfigurer,org.apache.cxf.binding.xml.XMLBindingFactory,org.apache.cxf.transport.http.policy.HTTPClientAssertionBuilder,org.apache.cxf.transport.http.policy.HTTPServerAsserti
onBuilder]; root of factory hierarchy
2007-11-18 11:21:33
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean
buildServiceFromClass
INFO: Creating Service
{http://webservice.katalog.jaceklaskowski.pl/}Katalog from class
pl.jaceklaskowski.katalog.webservice.KatalogWS
2007-11-18 11:21:34 pl.jaceklaskowski.katalog.webservice.KatalogWS init
INFO: Usluga KatalogWS zainicjowana

So, it works only when no web.xml is in the webapp or the following
mapping's added:

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>Katalog</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            pl.jaceklaskowski.katalog.webservice.KatalogWS
        </servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>Katalog</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/katalog</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

When there's web.xml like the following

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.5"
         xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd">
</web-app>

it doesn't work, i.e. no web services are deployed or they are, but
can't figure out what their urls are. Should it run fine too?

Thanks Jarek!

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski