geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Netbeans plugin
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:06:09 GMT
On Nov 16, 2007 1:51 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't recall seeing anyone but Jacek working on the Netbeans plugin.
> I'm sure he'd love to have some help.

Anyone, anywhere, anytime ;-) I'm still learning the stuff around
netbeans serverplugins development and although I've got some help
from the NetBeans team I haven't put much attention to it as it's not
as fancy as javaee 5 development and thus the veeery slow progress.

> Perhaps Jacek can fill us in on where things stand with the plugin and
> identify next steps.

The plugin can register/start/stop Geronimo. You can create an
application with Geronimo as an execution environment, but when you
try to deploy it the process will blow up as the missing deployment
pieces are missing (not finished yet). That's where I think would be
great to get some support. Once it's done everything else seems to be
just a jfc/swing development and not necessarily geronimo related.
Netbeans 6.0 is just around the corner and it'd be great if the plugin
is available at the time netbeans's on the shelves.

I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to put on the missing
deployment piece during the weekend, but would love if there's someone
who could join my efforts and help me out finishing it. Rather than
writing documentation on this or that, just ask questions and I'll
answer them and put on the wiki. I think there's no better way to
create a doc like doing it by users themselves.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl