geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Why is PersistenceUnitBuilder.respectExcludeUnlistedClasses(GBeanData gbeanData) for?
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 21:21:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm still trying to figure out why geronimo refuses seam's jee5 sample
to deploy and stumbled upon
org.apache.geronimo.persistence.builder.PersistenceUnitBuilder.respectExcludeUnlistedClasses(GBeanData
gbeanData) method.

    private void respectExcludeUnlistedClasses(GBeanData gbeanData) {
        boolean excludeUnlistedClasses = (Boolean)
gbeanData.getAttribute("excludeUnlistedClasses");

        if (excludeUnlistedClasses) {
            gbeanData.clearAttribute("jarFileUrls");
        } else {
            gbeanData.clearAttribute("managedClassNames");
        }
    }

Why is this for and how could I set the attribute excludeUnlistedClasses?

I think I'm missing some Geronimo architectural design lessons so it
may seem obvious for the most if not all of you, but can't answer it
myself. If Geronimo starts a gbean, can its attributes be changed at
runtime? Am I allowed to deploy a gbean that's already deployed and
change its configuration, i.e. deploy a new configuration whereas the
former's removed.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski