geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianluca <gbrig...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] JOSSO (Java Open Single Sign-On) support added for Geronimo
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 23:50:17 GMT

Hi Kevan,

Thanks for your feedback.

Implementing JOSSO as a Geronimo plugin would certainly provide a much
out-of-the-box experience to the user, by atomizing, hiding and automating
several currently manual (and potentially error-prone) deployment
procedures.

We actually preferred to take advantage of the Catalina compatibility
supplied with Geronimo for plugging in JOSSO as-is, in order to avoid
spanning the development and maintenance of a new container-specific plugin.

Enhancing the JOSSO-Geronimo integration will be something that we'll
probably be considering in an upcoming release.

Thanks and keep the good work going!

Gianluca.