The last time I built j2g, it took 248 minutes total to build.  The bulk of that time was downloading eclipse.  This is what caused me to make that post before about the change in information provided on a download.  I was kind of hoping to see what kind of download speed I was getting.  I actually had the same issue with the WTP adapter when building trunk for the eclipse plugin.