geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Piyush Agarwal" <pvagar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft of 2.0.2 Performance Report
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:53:50 GMT
Hi Matt,

This is a great report .. thanks for taking the time to create it.

Here is my feedback on it-

   - Run spellcheck :-p there were a few typos here and there like
   "enough" spelled "ebnough"
   - The Introduction on page 3 takes about PT, that was a metric you
   used in the last report, but in this report you are comparing against
   G1.1.1. The PT is not being used or mentioned throughout the remaining
   of the report.
   - Please mention if you need RAIDs or Ramdisks for the DB
   - I think you forgot the mention the OS version... I assume its SLES
   "10" SP1
   - Quite surprised that we go from 70M unzipped to 111M after initial
   startup (whats the big hitter here.. the logs??)
   - The URL at the end of page 8 (more info about daytrader) seems to be
   incorrect and the link doesnt match the URL
   - the slowdown in the web primitives is a bit surprising... and yet
   the jump in direct mode numbers is pretty cool
   - would have loved to see the Trade Session2JDBC numbers as well
   - pg 14, 2nd para, typo "due" --> "do"
   - can we have an appendix at the end of the report with individual run
   results like last time?

HTH,
Piyush Agarwal