geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restructuring build for flexible server
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:02:40 GMT
OK. This is how I restructured it.

But first, the aim was to keep the groupdId and artifactId of all
artifacts as is so that our assemblies and final server is not
affected. So the gIds and aIds of the modules and configs pieces were
left unchanged for now.

| geronimo
  |--- framework
      |--- modules
      |--- configs
  |--- components
  |--- plugins

The framework dir contains only those modules and deployers that are
needed by the framework assembly. Only geronimo-j2ee module in
included here because it is needed to build the car-maven-plugin.

The bootstrap profile now builds framework/modules and then builds
mavenplugins (including c-m-p).

All other modules, builders and their corresponding configs (cars) are
moved to their respective dirs under plugins. So plugins/myfaces
contain only myfaces modules and configs.

I put artifacts like spring, transformer-agent and upgrade under
components dir. Maybe they don't belong there. Maybe they can go
elsewhere.

The config pieces for the applications also moved to reside along with
the application wars in the application dirs.

Cheers
Prasad