geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Viet Nguyen" <vhng...@gmail.com>
Subject JMS Statistics
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:26:51 GMT
Hi All,

I have been poking around JMS (ActiveMQ) to see if we can surface some
JSR-77 statistics. To my knowledge, there are not any JMS stats being
surfaced right now. I have looked at modules/geronimo-activemq and am
confused as to how I can get a hold of these statistics. I have looked at
some API docs for ActiveMQ and found out that they actually implemented all
of the JSR-77 stats on their side and all we should need to do is request
it.

Classes such as ActiveMQConnection (
http://activemq.apache.org/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/ActiveMQConnection.html)
will keep track of some of the stats. By calling getConnectionStats() the
JSR-77 stats for JMSConnectionStats will be returned in its updated state.

I am not a JMS/ActiveMQ expert so, if someone could tell me if tying classes
such as ActiveMQConnection into Geronimo's source is a viable proposal, it
will be much appreciated.

Also, I've noticed that there are implementation classes for JCA stats in
ActiveMQ too. Is there a way to get these into Geronimo?

Thanks,
Viet