geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Interested in Contributing
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:26:10 GMT

On Oct 22, 2007, at 10:16 AM, Joseph Leong wrote:

> I'm really interested in contributing to this project, and i saw
> Jira GERONIMO-2251 was available.  Seems like a good one to get my
> feet wet.  I'm not too familiar with what the etiquette is in the
> geronimo community... is it free game for me to take a stab at it?

Sure, however since the plan is to eliminate the sh/bat scripts in
favor of gshell it would be much more useful to figure out how to
implement the functionality in gshell.  There are also a lot of other
gshell enhancements that should be very easy once you figure out
where to do them such as running geronimo under a debugger but so far
no one has had a minute to actually do them so this could be an
introduction to putting in some very useful enhancements.

thanks
david jencks