geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jetty jee5 assembly broken in branches/2.0
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:03:41 GMT

On Oct 9, 2007, at 12:59 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> Oh, I think I know what's going on. Jetty is configured with 3
> connectors. Each connector is configured with 50 threads. So by the
> time the server starts up all the threads in the pool are taken..
> Looks like in Jetty we must set the thread pool size to > 150.

Jarek,
Thanks for tracking this down.

50 threads per connector seems like overkill to me. It's dependent on
application behavior. So, hard to predict... But I would consider
lowering the per connector thread count. I won't argue with
increasing the thread pool size, however...

I also think these WARN messages are a bit less useful than they
ought to be...

--kevan