geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Draft of 2.0.2 Performance Report
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:02:24 GMT

On Oct 23, 2007, at 10:53 AM, Piyush Agarwal wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> This is a great report .. thanks for taking the time to create it.
>
> Here is my feedback on it-
> Run spellcheck :-p there were a few typos here and there like
> "enough" spelled "ebnough"
what is a spell checker ?
> The Introduction on page 3 takes about PT, that was a metric you
> used in the last report, but in this report you are comparing
> against G1.1.1. The PT is not being used or mentioned throughout
> the remaining of the report.
thanks for catching this.  PT is left over from the initial report.
I'll fix that.

> Please mention if you need RAIDs or Ramdisks for the DB

> I think you forgot the mention the OS version... I assume its SLES
> "10" SP1
Page 9
> Quite surprised that we go from 70M unzipped to 111M after initial
> startup (whats the big hitter here.. the logs??)

> The URL at the end of page 8 (more info about daytrader) seems to
> be incorrect and the link doesnt match the URL
> the slowdown in the web primitives is a bit surprising... and yet
> the jump in direct mode numbers is pretty cool
The mysteries of life ... it wierded me out as well.  I think it
needs to be looked into but it is an external measurement so I figure
putting out the info as it is with all the caveats is better than
waiting another 6 months :)
> would have loved to see the Trade Session2JDBC numbers as well
could due that
> pg 14, 2nd para, typo "due" --> "do"
doh
> can we have an appendix at the end of the report with individual
> run results like last time?
Maybe...I have the XML files from JIBE but there doesn't seem to be a
way to regerenate a nice summary...do you know how to do this ?