geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Make <useMavenDependencies> default true ?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:14:15 GMT

#1-3 look right on.  I'm wondering if #0 is really necessary and
desirable.   For example,  if I create plugin1 that needs a service
type dependency against plugin2 then the pom could look like:

<project>
     <artifactId>plugin1</artifactId>
     <dependencies>
            // a reference to plugin2 is not desirable here, don't
            // want maven processing it as a build time dep or
            // including its classes in the environment inherited
            // by car-maven-plugin
     </dependencies>
     <build>
         <plugin>
                 <artifactId>car-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                 <configuration>
                         <dependency>
                               <artifactId>plugin2</artifactId>
                               <import>service</import>