geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: DayTrader - porting MarketSummaryInterval changes from 2.0 to 1.2 and preparing to release
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 17:17:29 GMT
So to cl;arify I think DayTrader may be mis-characterized as only a
benchmark.  I think it is used for a variety of functions of which
only one aspect is performance.  the other aspects are testing
infrastructure, sample application (which includes deployments plans
for various pieces of functionality, etc.).

With that in mind perhaps we should change it from performance
benchmark to something else.  I'm concerned about pulling this at the
very end.  I agree that we don't want to put out a sample that can be
used inappropriately but in the end we don't really tell anyone what
they can do with the software.  I'm concerned about making changes to
DayTrader because of commercial positioning.  For this reason I'd
rather add the comment about relevance of the runtime mode.  I think
simply adding the comment is adequate.

If we're going for best practices I don't think anyone would say the
app as it is written today is a best practice but more of a swiss
army knife of tools.

It sounds like there are varying viewpoints so perhaps we let the
discussion percolate and put it to a vote.