geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deploying snapshots of the samples to a new location in m2-snapshot-repo
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:02:26 GMT
On Oct 28, 2007, at 3:22 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Any thoughts on setting up automated builds of Samples at least
> once a week?

That would be helpful.  Now that we have catalog support in car-maven-
plugin we could also automatically update the online plugins catalog
as well.  This would require some coordination around building server/
trunk and samples/trunk.    Basically:
1.)  build server/trunk
2.)  build samples/trunk
3.)  run a script on ~/.m2/repository/geronimo-plugins.xml to remove
references to the local repo
4.)  svn commit site/trunk/docs/plugins/geronimo-x.x/geronimo-
plugins.xml

I can help with a perl script for #3 if someone more savvy with build
automation wants to look further into this.

One other question -- should we try to have parity between what's in
samples/trunk and what's in the samples section of the wiki?  Are
there barriers, technical or otherwise, that make this difficult?

   http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSAMPLES/index.html
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/trunk/

Best wishes,
Paul