geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Distributing AspectJ JARs - License
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:07:34 GMT
Hi Matt,

Yes: I would like to add this dependency from the Eclipse Foundation
to a config so that it gets included in the assemblies:

         <dependency>
             <groupId>aspectj</groupId>
             <artifactId>aspectjrt</artifactId>
             <version>1.5.2a</version>
         </dependency>

My understanding is that the AspectJ tools are provided under the
"Eclipse Public License Version 1.0" license: http://www.eclipse.org/
legal/epl-v10.html

At this stage, I would like to simply change the licensing files of
the config:
* mofify the NOTICE.txt to include a one liner pointing to the EPL; and
* add a LICENSE-EPL-V10.txt, which is a CC of http://www.eclipse.org/
legal/epl-v10.html.

However, I am not sure that we can include AspectJ jars in the
assemblies.

Thanks,
Gianny