geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: MEJB changes and MappedName
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 00:20:06 GMT

--- Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:
> > --- Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I think this code (or some form of it) is still needed and just
> making
> the MEJBGBean a 'nop' will not resolve the problem.  With the code
> completely removed from GeronimoMappedName (rather than just mapping
> it
> to the new name) the mappedName in the ejbref eventually resolves to
> "ejb/MEJB" which of course will not match "ejb/mgmt/MEJB".

   The new MEJB is a regular session Bean. It should not require any
hardcoded mapping in openejb code. The old one can be made harmless by
making it do nothing. In other words both will be deployed. IIRC both
can coexist peacefully. The best solution still is to release a new
openejb.

 It looks
> like the MEJB reference in the app might be incorrect.  The spec
> indicates the recommended name is "ejb/mgmt/MEJB".

    The name of the session bean is ejb/mgmt/MEJB.

Thanks
Anita

> Joe
>

> > The following code in MEJBGBean (geronimo-openejb)
> > StatelessBean bean = ejbJar.addEnterpriseBean(new
> > StatelessBean("MEJB",MEJBBean.class.getName()));
> >
> >    can be modified to replace MEJBBean with a dummy class in
> > geronimo-openejb. I have not tested this...
> >    If something can be changed in TCK that would be great.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Anita
> >
> >> So I assume the mappedName must always be null and we need to
> force
> >> this
> >>   mapping for Geronimo?
> >>
> >> Once I modified the name to match the newly enabled MEJB app's id,
>
> >> "mejb/ejb/mgmt/MEJB", then I finally started to see failures that
> >> matched what Anita indicated we should see without the correct
> >> authorization.
> >>
> >> So what should we do with this openejb change?  We were hoping to
> >> release Geronimo 2.0.2 with openejb 3.0-beta-1 which has the old
> name
> >>
> >> still included.  There are probably other ways around this that
> would
> >>
> >> only require Geronimo (such as making the new name match the old
> name
> >>
> >> ... but that's really ugly) or perhaps TCK configuration changes.
> >> Any
> >> suggestions?
> >>
> >> Joe

> > Catch up on fall's hot new shows on Yahoo! TV. Watch previews, get
> listings, and more!
> > http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658

that gives answers, not web links.