geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Make <useMavenDependencies> default true ?
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 17:32:58 GMT

On Oct 11, 2007, at 10:07 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> So in summary, do we keep the lists mutually exclusive ?

You've said mutually exclusive a couple of times and I don't
understand why.  The list of dependencies in the c-m-p configuration
has to be a subset of the dependencies in the maven configuration.
This is required by maven to get the build order right.  What do you
mean by mutually exclusive?

> Paul, do you
> still see a need for a merge/override option ?

I do.

> If so, I'll slowly deprecate the <useMavenDependency> option. Since
> almost all configs have now been converted to plugins, I think it is
> time we used the maven dependencies as default anyways. The presence
> of any dependencies in the c-m-p configuration will make the c-m-p use
> those deps only and exclude all maven deps.

This is decidedly different from what I thought you proposed and what
I thought was a good idea.  I thought you proposed always using all
the qualifying maven dependencies (i.e. leave out provided and test,
as at present) but modify the <import> type based on the c-m-p
configuration.

However, I don't think we should proceed with this refinement until
all the configs are checked to be generating reasonable geronimo-
plugin.xml files

thanks
david jencks