geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Effectiveness of WADI's Design and Implementation Comforted
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2007 11:58:22 GMT
Dain, Jeff,

Thanks for your feedback on the weakness of the annotation approach.
It should be easy to have a less obtrusive configuration mechanism as
the logic is encapsulated within a single (AspectJ) aspect. I will
see what I can do.

In more details, an aspect adds the interface ClusteredStateMarker to
any classes having @ClusteredState:
     declare parents:
         (@ClusteredState *) implements ClusteredStateMarker;

It is easy to have a pattern driven mechanism instead, e.g.:
     declare parents:
         org.apache.xyz..* implements ClusteredStateMarker;

I now need to find a way to specify patterns outside of the aspect.

Regarding the WADI vs Tribes on Tomcat suggestion, there isn't yet a
Tomcat session manager integrated with WADI. BTW, WADI actually
relies on Tribes for its group communications thanks to Filip Hanik's
work on wadi-tribes.

Regarding a test with a bigger session size, I also would like to
know how wadi-aop performs. However, I would like to first resume
some Geronimo clustering work. Once done, I will touch base with
Jason as suggested to know if he can grant me access to GBuild in
order to conduct a real distributed test.

Thanks,
Gianny