geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ClassCastException at Derby EmbeddedDataSource
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 00:16:09 GMT
Hi Vasily,

when you use a derby datasource you have to make sure you get the
derby classes from the same classloader as the embedded derby
database.  You normally do this by replacing the derby dependency in
your plan with something like

             <dep:dependency>
                 <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
                 <dep:artifactId>system-database</dep:artifactId>
                 <dep:type>car</dep:type>
             </dep:dependency>

Hope this helps
david jencks