geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Remaining work items before we create a J2G 1.0.0 branch?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:15:49 GMT

On Oct 17, 2007, at 10:49 PM, Lin Sun wrote:

> Hi Kevan, I've marked G3309 as resolved.  I documented my analysis
> in the latest few comments I added in the JIRA.  If there is
> anything else that is missing from a legal point of view, please
> let me know.

Hi Lin,
That's great. Thanks for working on this. A few comments:

1. Artifacts that are AL2 licensed can still be mentioned in the
license file. Although not necessary, it's good for completeness.
Just say the following are licensed under ALv2: commons-logging, etc.

2. I think the NOTICE file needs a bit more attention. Even though
projects are ALv2 licensed, we need to reproduce their NOTICE
attributions as appropriate. Also, our notice file should mention
dom4j, pull-parser, and jaxen and reproduce the copyrights that are
in their licenses. The pull-parser license requires the following
acknowledgement:

     "This product includes software developed by the Indiana
      University Extreme! Lab.  For further information please visit
      http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/"

The appropriate location for this acknowledgement is the NOTICE file.

I'll look a bit more...

--kevan