geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject @Resource.mappedName processing
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 04:50:30 GMT
Some questions on @Resource.mappedName processing. When an ejb is
deployed that has some @Resource annotated fields, OpenEJB will
process them and create the appropriate resource-ref entires in the DD
and pass it to Geronimo. But before the DD is passed into Geronimo the
mappedName attributes of the entires are cleared (see
EjbModuleBuilder.unmapReferences()). Why is that cleared? Is it
because they are internally resolved to something OpenEJB specific?
After the OpenEJB updated DD is passed to Geronimo, the Geronimo's
Resource annotation processor kicks in and it now tries to process the
annotation. But since the annotation is already in the DD, the DD
entry is pretty much ignored. So the end result is that the mappedName
attribute of the annotation never ends up in the DD. It's probably not
a big deal now since AFAIK we don't use mappedName much but could
become an issue in the future.
So should we modify Geronimo's annotation processor to update the
mappedName attribute of the DD entry? If not, how else should we
handle this?

Jarek