geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Draft of 2.0.2 Performance Report
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:57:25 GMT

On Oct 23, 2007, at 10:43 AM, Christopher Blythe wrote:

> matt... just did an initial look. just a few comments for now...
>
> - were there funcational/load issues with the daytrader 1.2 numbers
> that were omitted?

Not really.  The runs were clean, CPU was high and all the
fundamentals seemed to be correct.  Was there something specific you
were thinking of?

> - was really surprised by the slow down in the web container
> primitives (probably has to do with the spec upgrade) and the jump
> in direct mode performance

The primary difference there is a new Tomcat version and perhaps some
changes to our integration.  Later on I'd like to do some profiling
to better understand the issues but the slow down seems to be
consistent with other performance numbers I've seen.  I think the
Linux Journal guys did something in this space but I'd have to go
back and look.

> - thanks for the kudos in the acknowledgements

Heh, thank you

> - yes, we need to tag 1.2 and 2.0 so we can start the next turn of
> the crank on 2.X

I'll start that process this week.  Need to get the web pages updated
a bit as well.  Lots of little stuff to do.