geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From joany...@ncsu.edu
Subject Question about a sample Application
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 00:53:36 GMT
Hi , we are working on the geronimo one project. We were looking at a
sample application that connects to the database in geronimo . Upone
studying it we stumbled upon a syntax that has a little confused

In your DBManager.java for the inventory application we found this line of
code.

DataSource ds =
 (DataSource)context.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/InventoryDS");

We know what the function does . We just don't know what the parameter
represents. Which part of the parameter represents the database we are
connecting to? We need to know the nature of the parameter so that we can
use it in our own application.