geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Transaction Manager
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:29:01 GMT

On Oct 12, 2007, at 8:50 AM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:

>    The transaction module (o.a.g.modules) has two GBeans -
> GeronimoTransactionManagerGBean and
> GeronimoTransactionManagerImplGBean
>    Can they be merged? I would like to set their J2eeType to
> JTAResource.

I added a miniscule amount of documentation to these.  I don't see a
pressing need to remove the TransactionManagerImplGBean; that would
make more sense than merging them.  There should be no problem
changing the j2eeType as long as you change all uses of
NameFactory.TRANSACTION_MANAGER so references to the TM will still
get hooked up.

thanks
david jencks