geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo Eclipse Plugin (GEP) questions
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:11:02 GMT
Another way to look at it, would be based on Eclipse releases.
For Eclipse 3.3, we should only support Geronimo 2.0.x and 1.1.1.
When Geronimo 2.1 is released, we will still be using Eclipse 3.3
(v3.3.2 is targeted for March 2008), so either 1) we drop support for
1.1.1 users at that time or 2) wait until we move to Eclipse Ganymede
(aka. 3.4? w/ target of June 2008) to drop 1.1.1 support.

Personally, I'd like to only focus on the Geronimo 2.x JEE5 releases
with the Eclipse 3.3 based plugin moving forward (aka. option #1 above),
which would let us update the plugins to support the 2.0 plans...

-Donald