geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Effectiveness of WADI's Design and Implementation Comforted
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:53:49 GMT

Gianny Damour wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Over the last two weeks, I have been working on various experimentations
> in order to validate and demonstrate the effectiveness of WADI's
> distributed session engine and replication engine. I wrote a WIKI page
> to capture the findings:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=18186271

You have been busy ;-)

> Excerpt of the conclusion:
>
> "
> The effectiveness of the design and implementation of WADI's distributed
> session lookup engine and replication engine is further comforted by the
> observed average response times and scalability characteristics.
> For the considered scenarios, WADI performs better than Terracotta,
> which is not really surprising as...

If I may comment here...Without fine-grained clustering capabilities, I
have a hard time believing that WADI can outperform Terracotta.
Especially with large objects...WADI would push over the entire object
each time, where Terracotta would only ship the changed members.  If you
are going to publish the numbers you did, you probably should explain
what is getting pushed across.

> "
>
> If people are interested by clustering development, then please respond
> as I will resume some Geronimo clustering work and could really use a hand.

I am in the midst of getting OpenEJB clusterable.  I would be happy to
combine forces and get clustering finished up for G ;-)