geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject MEJB changes and MappedName
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:34:31 GMT
We've been hitting some errors in the TCK tests that validate mgmt with
MEJB.  The main problem was that we were failing the name lookup:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name
"java:openejb/Deployment/MEJBGBean/MEJB/javax.management.j2ee.Management"
not found

I thought this was strange because we don't include the MEJBGBean any
longer in the geronimo assembly and I could find no reference to it in
the Geronimo code at all.

It turns out that we map to the "GBEAN" name when there is no mappedName
specified in the Openejb code.  In o.a.openejb.config.GeronimoMappedName
at line 65 there is this piece of code which Geronimo is apparently very
dependent upon

if (null == mappedName && ref.getEjbRefName().equals("ejb/MEJB")) {
     ref.setMappedName("MEJBGBean/MEJB");
}

So I assume the mappedName must always be null and we need to force this
  mapping for Geronimo?

Once I modified the name to match the newly enabled MEJB app's id,
"mejb/ejb/mgmt/MEJB", then I finally started to see failures that
matched what Anita indicated we should see without the correct
authorization.

So what should we do with this openejb change?  We were hoping to
release Geronimo 2.0.2 with openejb 3.0-beta-1 which has the old name
still included.  There are probably other ways around this that would
only require Geronimo (such as making the new name match the old name
... but that's really ugly) or perhaps TCK configuration changes.  Any
suggestions?

Joe