geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Blythe" <cjblyth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DayTrader - porting MarketSummaryInterval changes from 2.0 to 1.2 and preparing to release
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:32:31 GMT
Jeff... I agree with you on both counts. Perhaps I should present this from
another vantage point. If you were an application developer, would you use
web services in the manner they are currently used in DayTrader? Or would
you try to adhere to most documented best practices and steer clear of very
chatty (fine-grained) web services calls. If we would like to keep web
services in DayTrader, I think they should be re-vamped to re-align with a
scenario/pattern that is better suited for web services and reflect how they
are predominantly used in the industry.