geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Make <useMavenDependencies> default true ?
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:27:11 GMT
On Oct 8, 2007, at 4:49 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> Can we make the c-m-p use the maven dependencies by default ? 58 of
> the 95 configs already use the maven deps. There are approx 15-20
> configs that need to be converted to plugins. Odds are we'll end up
> with 75% of our configs using maven deps. Thus we should consider
> using the maven deps as default.

+1, can this setting can be inherited from the parent project like
the other settings such as source-repository currently are?  see
configs/pom.xml and plugins/pom.xml

> Also, by default, it should merge the maven deps with the explicit
> deps, IF ANY are specified in the c-m-p configuration. I don't see a
> use case for this now, but if there ever is a need to use both maven
> deps and an explicit list, this will let us achieve it.

+1, one use case would be when you want to use the <import>services</
import> environmental setting for a plugin dependency.  I was trying
to do that earlier today but it didn't seem to work right.

> Lastly, the exisiting <useMavenDependencies> parameter can be used to
> specifically exclude the maven deps. This will include only the
> explicit deps in the c-m-p configuration.

settings inherited from the parent projects can be overridden.

Best wishes,
Paul