geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Restructuring build for flexible server
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:05:37 GMT
This looks great!

I had a couple of suggestions I mentioned to Prasad on IRC:
- move client-transaction to the plugins/connector
- move the jetty specific clustering stuff from plugins/clustering to
plugins/jetty

Unfortunately the sandbox doesn't seem to have svn  history.  I think
its essential to preserve svn history.  I think we can get this into
trunk, preserve svn history, and hopefully preserve Prasad's sanity by:

1. create the new directories in trunk (e.g. framework, plugins/
connector, plugins/* etc)
2. svn cp the existing modules and configs to their new locations.
This is probably the hard part.... I guess I'd start with the output
of ls modules configs and write a script.
3. copy the new and modified poms (and other files) from restructure
to trunk.  If we copy rather than svn cp modified files we wont break
history.  Also, as long as we don't modify the root pom, all work up
to here can be committed without affecting the existing build.
4. after committing the modified root pom, remove modules and configs.

I'm in favor of asking Prasad to do steps 1-3 immediately in trunk.
I'm fine with (4) too but perhaps we should have a vote on (4) since
this is a pretty large change?

thanks
david jencks