geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: allowHosts in geronimo 2.0.1
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:56:47 GMT

On Oct 17, 2007, at 3:06 AM, Ashish Jain wrote:

> Any help on this issue????
>
> On 10/16/07, Ashish Jain <ashjain2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am trying to simulate the allowHosts feature for geronimo
> 2.0.1 which was available in geronimo 1.2. With geronimo 1.2 it
> works fine and  I am able to restrict access to EJB application
> running on the server to specific ip addresses. With AG 2.0.1  this
> attribute is not allowed. Do we have some other alternative
> available in AG2.0.1?
>
> In config-substitutions.properties we have ClientAddresses
> variable. What is the use of this variable?

Ashish,
It looks like this configuration option got dropped as we moved from
Geronimo 1.2 to Geronimo 2.0/OpenEJB 3. I don't think this was
intentional...

It *might* be possible to get this configured in our current code --
However, probably should reinstate allowHosts. Let us know if you'd
like to see this capability...

--kevan