geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <>
Subject Re: @Resource.mappedName processing
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 03:39:13 GMT

On Oct 23, 2007, at 9:50 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> Some questions on @Resource.mappedName processing. When an ejb is
> deployed that has some @Resource annotated fields, OpenEJB will
> process them and create the appropriate resource-ref entires in the DD
> and pass it to Geronimo. But before the DD is passed into Geronimo the
> mappedName attributes of the entires are cleared (see
> EjbModuleBuilder.unmapReferences()). Why is that cleared?

IIRC, when the original integration was going on (back in 2.0 m2)
there were issues in the xmlbeans tree in Geronimo such that it
didn't contain the mappedName element.  As a workaround we had to
clear the mappedName data out so things wouldn't blow up.  We can
probably delete the code in EjbModuleBuilder that clears them out.

View raw message