geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Build problem
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:26:57 GMT
On 10/28/07, Heinz Drews <heinz.drews@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there any fix or bypass available to get rid of
>
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) castor:castor:jar:0.9.9.0-pre
>
>   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>   Then, install it using the command:
>        mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=castor -DartifactId=castor \
>           -Dversion=0.9.9.0-pre -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
> Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file
> there:       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=castor -DartifactId=castor \
>           -Dversion=0.9.9.0-pre -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file \
>            -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
>
>   Path to dependency:
>         1) org.apache.geronimo:repository:jar:2.1-SNAPSHOT
>         2) groovy:groovy-all:jar: 1.0
>         3) openejb:openejb-loader:jar:1.0
>         4) openejb:openejb-core:jar:1.0
>         5) castor:castor:jar:0.9.9.0-pre

It appears it's the issue with broken groovy-all artifact in m2 repo.
I built Geronimo yesterday without any troubles, but I suspect that m2
downloaded groovy-all long before it got broken and thus I'm not
running into it.

If I run into the issue, I'd download groovy from its website and
install the file manually (replace the broken jar file with the file
from groovy distro). Start the build process over.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl