geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Should geronimo plans have the "external knobs" in them?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:16:50 GMT
While chatting with vamsi on IRC I realized there is now a big
difference between deploying using the car-maven-plugin and deploying
using the console or cli deployers.  With the car--maven-plugin you
get to add stuff to config.xml, artifact_aliease.properties, and
config-substitutions.properties -- basically all the knobs your
application exposes that enable external configuration to the server
environment.  With the other ways none of this is available.

This makes be wonder if we should be including all this "knobs" stuff
in our plans rather than hiding it in the maven pom for the car-maven-
plugin to find.

hopefully this is coherent enough to understand....

thanks
david jencks