geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to assemble servers: was: Re: Plugin installer in trunk broke?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:50:56 GMT
I think that we should approach the "assemble server from plugins"
idea in stages:

1. build all the plugins inside the current server/trunk build
framework and assemble the server from these.  This is almost working
locally.... maybe this weekend.

2. distribute the sets of related plugins into a different svn layout
with unconnected release cycles and figure out how to end up with a
usable server with so many moving parts. :-)

So in line with (1) I'd like to see the new console move ASAP,
perhaps temporarily, into maybe server/trunk/plugins where we can
immediately start including it in servers without having to solve (2).

thanks
david jencks