geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with 2.0.1 main pom and building anything a G dependency
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:14:49 GMT
IMO, we need to ween ourselves off of the local repository module
completely... and avoid future use of any such local repository.

When I (er we) did the main Maven 2 conversion I added some of these
local modules as short-term work arounds to problems... there was no
intention of leaving these in here for as long as they've been around.

If we need to use some custom artifacts, then we really should
publish them under an org.apache.geronimo.thirdparty groupId (or
something) to the central repository and then treat them like normal
dependencies.  We can of course setup a thirdparty sub-project which
has a local repository with the definitive source of the artifacts,
but only use that puppy to manage those artifacts pom's and then
publish them as we normally would anything else.

This is... IMO... the *ONLY* solution to this problem, short of
removing the need for these custom artifacts.

--jason