geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Schema conversion
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:24:31 GMT
Hi Anita!

When I removed the remote login stuff I wrote some schema conversion
code but left it incomplete when I realized it would have to remove a
reference to a gbean I was removing (JaasLoginService?? I can't quite
remember).  My thinking was that if someone was using remote login we
would be drastically changing the behavior of their configuration
without telling them, so it was better not to try to automatically
convert the configuration.  However, I left the partial conversion
code in place.

At this point I'm not sure whether it would be better to move
forwards towards a "convert it so it deploys" conversion or back
towards "make the user do the entire conversion".  What do you think?

thanks
david jencks