geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: New GShell-based Geronimo Server launcher now in server/trunk
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 02:08:50 GMT
On Sep 10, 2007, at 7:18 AM, Paul McMahan wrote:
> This is really cool stuff,  I'm pretty blown away.  I'm convinced
> that a significant percentage of app server administrators prefer a
> power scripting interface over a fancy UI, so now Geronimo can
> offer both.

Um, ya... well at least those with some skillz.  I'm sure those used
to Winblows might still prefer "click-click-click..." :-P

> I seem to recall some discussion about supporting multiple
> scripting languages.. but I can't find anything in the dev archives
> though so maybe I am imagining that?   Either way, I think groovy
> is certainly adequate.

Um, well... the 'script' command I wrote like a year ago uses BSF so
you can run any scripting language that is supported by it...
assuming you include the required jars for the language's engine.

And of course, you can write commands in whatever you wish, just as
long as the end result is a java .class which implements the right
interface so that the shell can load it.

  * * *

Oh, and here is a little taste of what the shell looks like now after
I've massaged it over the last few weeks...