geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Anyway to get the generic type from a generic class?
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 05:48:13 GMT
Any of you generics experts out there know if there is any way to get
the generic type from a generic class... like, say you have:

     Class type = new ArrayList<String>().getClass();

Is there any way to determine that this is an ArrayList containing
String objects?  I can't seem to figure out how to get this
information out of the Class instance.  I can figure out what the
type variable name was, er like T, but that is well, completely
useless IMO.

Does anyone know if its possible and how to do it?

--jason