geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Anyway to get the generic type from a generic class?
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 05:48:13 GMT
Any of you generics experts out there know if there is any way to get
the generic type from a generic class... like, say you have:

     Class type = new ArrayList<String>().getClass();

Is there any way to determine that this is an ArrayList containing
String objects?  I can't seem to figure out how to get this
information out of the Class instance.  I can figure out what the
type variable name was, er like T, but that is well, completely
useless IMO.

Does anyone know if its possible and how to do it?

View raw message