geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Questions about geronimo-plugin.xml content
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:52:44 GMT
I think we should start using the  maven-remote-resources-plugin.  I
will get to it eventually for sufficiently distant values of
eventually...

My understanding which could be quite wrong is that any aggregate we
ship is licensed under the asl2 only no matter what's in it and that
this may limit what we can include in an aggregate work.

The m-r-r-p includes the apache license and a notice file which lists
all the dependencies and their origin.  Here's a sample, including
problems that haven't been overridden yet:

// ------------------------------------------------------------------
// NOTICE file corresponding to the section 4d of The Apache License,
// Version 2.0, in this case for ApacheDS Server Main
// ------------------------------------------------------------------

ApacheDS Server Main
Copyright 2003-2007 The Apache Software Foundation

This product includes software, Spring Framework: Beans, developed by
Spring Framework (http://www.springframework.org/).
This product includes software, AOP alliance, developed by
$project.organization.name ($project.organization.url).
This product includes software, ApacheDS Extra Schemas, developed by
This product includes software, Apache Directory MINA ASN.1 Codec
Shared, developed by
This product includes software, Daemon, developed by
$project.organization.name ($project.organization.url).
This product includes software, ApacheDS Constants, developed by
This product includes software, ApacheDS Utils, developed by
This product includes software, Unnamed - logkit:logkit:jar:1.0.1,
developed by
$project.organization.name ($project.organization.url).
This product includes software, ApacheDS Core, developed by
This product includes software, JDBM, developed by
JDBM (http://jdbm.sourceforge.net/).

thanks
david jencks