geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <dblev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] G 2.0.2 Release plan
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:40:13 GMT

On Sep 25, 2007, at 7:38 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> One thing I've noticed -- the default JNDI name for EJB's has been
> changed in OpenEJB. So, there is a compatibility issue with 2.0.1.
> We might be able to configure how OpenEJB generates this default to
> maintain backward compatibility. Better, IMO, to go ahead and match
> OpenEJB's behavior.

There are no compatibility issues as it was explicitly set in
Geronimo 2.0.1 to be essentially {moduleId}/{ejbName}/
{interfaceClass}  (actually it's {deploymentId}/{interfaceClass} and
deploymentId will be {moduleId}/{ejbName}).  It'll still be the same
in Geronimo 2.0.2, just now it can be changed to something shorter.

I'd be fine with Geronimo using the OpenEJB default of essentially
{ejbName}{interfaceType.annotationName} (it's {deploymentId}
{interfaceType.annotation} where deploymentId defaults to {ejbName}),
but it's definitely a default that targets people with just a couple
apps.  People in bigger environments would have to set the jndiname
and deploymentId formats to something less likely to conflict.

-David