geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugin stuff
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2007 18:39:07 GMT
Wow,  this all looks great!  Now that the underlying stuff is more
stabilized and functionally complete I can help bring the admin
console up to date.  I think the CLI might also need some touching up.

One question I have is should we keep the reference to:
     http://www.geronimoplugins.com/repository/geronimo-1.1/
in the default source-repositories listed in configs/pom.xml?  I
don't know if there are any plans to provide a repository of
geronimo's 2.x plugin artifacts or their dependencies from that
location.  If there plans for that then we should leave the reference
in place (the more repos the better, I say) but may need to update
the geronimo version number in the URL.

I'm also thinking we should add a reference to:
     http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/geronimo-2.1/
in the source-repo list in configs/pom.xml and update that URL as we
increment the server version and create new repos.   Or maybe we
should start using a single repo and URL for all versions of geronimo
since GERONIMO-3330 has been implemented.  Now that the catalog
schema provides this flexibility we can decide how to use it -  one
repo and catalog for supporting multiple versions of geronimo or a
repo for each version.   We have discussed some pros and cons of both
options.  I'm pretty sure that plugin repos like the one at
geronimo.liferay.com will want to use a single repo since its easier
to update and maintain the catalog.  But for our server plugins we
may want to have a repo per version since the car maven plugin can
automagically create the catalog (very cool feature).

Best wishes,
Paul